Methods to Change Netgear WiFi Password
So, you're using the Netgear WiFi system and would like to make it more secure! Well, changing the WiFi password is the easiest security measures you need to take to safeguard your Netgear wireless community. This post is going to teach you two different techniques to alter Netgear WiFi password together with terrific ease. Scroll down to see more.
The way to Change Netgear WiFi Password?
There are two different approaches to change Netgear WiFi password: using the genie smart wizard and via the Nighthawk program. Let us discuss the methods below:
- Employing the Netgear Genie Smart Wizard
- Walk via the instructions mentioned below to change your Netgear router password using the genie smart magician:
- Power in your Netgear router.
- Open your favored internet browser.
- Type routerlogin.net in the address bar.
- Press the Enter key.
- Insert the user ID and password into the specified fields.
- Click Login.
- Navigate to the Administration > Create Password segment.
- Fill from the password and then the new password.
- Clicking on the Apply button to save changes.
This way, you can change Netgear WiFi password to make your wireless network safe.
Via the Netgear Nighthawk App
In the event you would like to spare yourself from the trouble of accessing the internet interface, then use the Netgear Nighthawk app to change the WiFi password of the Netgear router. Here's how:
- Let the app install properly.
- After that, open the Nighthawk app.
- Enter the admin password of your Netgear wireless router.
- Harness the Login button.
- Hit the WiFi option.
- Type your new WiFi password and name.
- Strike Save to make the changes effective.
Pretty simple? Well, it's! Just apply the above actions and change Netgear WiFi password with fantastic ease. Additionally, remember to enable the password recovery feature on your router to ensure if you have lost or forgotten the WiFi password after changing it, you can easily retrieve it.
Steps to Enable Password Recovery on Netgear WiFi Router
Here's the Way to enable password retrieval feature in your Netgear router:
- Access the Netgear router login web page using the default internet address or IP address.
- As soon as you're on the web GUI of your Netgear router, locate the Advanced option.
- The password setting screen will show.
- Check the box which states'enable password retrieval'.
- Today, check two safety questions and answer them.
- It is recommended to select the simple and easy-to-remember answers to the security concerns.
- Hit Apply.
The password recovery feature has enabled in your Netgear WiFi router.
The Last Thoughts
This was about what you need to understand regarding how to alter Netgear WiFi password. But should you become stuck in any given step or have any queries in your mind, feel free to get in touch with our skilled technicians at any time.